Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Birthday card CAS(E) - just for fun



I saw this card by Jo Nevill, fell in love with it, and wanted to CAS(E) it....badly!  I already had the Meadow Rue die by Simon Says Stamp so I felt off to a good start.  I have always admired the stamps that give that "watercolor" look without actually doing the watercoloring but didn't have any, so this was an excuse to get a set.  I decided on a set by My Favorite Things (DC Abstract Art) and was not disappointed at all.  What a great set!  Then I used some PTI inks (Spring Moss, Hawaiian shores, and the new Tropical Teal) as well as that beautiful Delicata Gold like Jo did....I just love how she added that right in the middle!  The sentiment is from PTI's Gracious Vases  - the font is one of my favorites! Then I chose a teal base for the card and there you have my card....very close to Jo's in many ways because I love the card so much!




Just got back from a few days in Disney with Cristina and family.  Such fun to see the magic with little ones!!!


he did not want to take this hat off - ever!

5 comments:

  1. Love your card, Ginny! The background really is so cool and artsy! Happy to see the family vacation photo from Cristina's! I don't blame that your Grandson doesn't want to take Mickey hat off! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable are the pictures Ginny! So fun! And your card is beautiful. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combination! Wow, Cristina looks like a supermodel :-) Looks like the weather was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGEOUS card! Loved seeing the pictures of Cristina's family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't want to take that Mickey hat off either:). How fun to spend time with the grands at Disney!!!! Looooove your card CASE!

    ReplyDelete