Sunday, January 29, 2012

CAS Online Class - Day 1, Card 2


After my last post, I was supposed to move on to Day 5.  However, I had not tried this type of card from Day 1's class and I had the idea stuck in my head so I gave it a try.  I did not get a nice crisp edge when I took off the mask - I think I hadn't pressed down enough right on the edges - but I was going to leave it as it was.  I inked up the sentiment stamp in black - I really wasn't thinking about it too much - and after I stamped it, I decided I wanted to try the dotted lines but I felt they should be in black to match the sentiment.  Wasn't crazy about the result.  Soooooo.....how about another try?



This time the masking gave me nice, crisp edges.  I went with white ink for the sentiment and embossed it.  White dotted lines, three little hearts popped up, and it makes such a nice, sweet card.  I was much happier with the result this 2nd time around.  :-)  

I did ink the card stock with a stamp pad (per the video) in order to make the flowers from the first card and the hearts from the second one.  What a cool technique - would never, ever have thought to do that!

OK, now maybe onto Day 5!  Thanks so much for all your sweet comments and support!!


Supplies:  PTI Aqua Mist, Fresh Ink Island, sentiment is from WPlus9 "Love Birds", and the stamp I used for the borders is this one from Impress.  Also Eclipse masking paper. 

3 comments:

  1. So,when can we get together so you can show me your ways? I watched the video and this is beautiful. Mine, not so much. I like both cards equally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the technique from Day 1. Love the white with the beautiful cardstock color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful, Ginny, but I think I like the white a teeny bit better, too. I never thought about inking the cardstock to make it slightly darker on a monochromatic card, so thanks for sharing that tip! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete