Thursday, May 30, 2013

a fun little mother-daughter challenge

I'm so excited to be spending a week with my daughter, Cristina, and her family after a much too long 3 months! In addition to just hanging out with each other, playing with the kids, etc. we also like to find a little stamping time if possible.  I picked a stamp set and a sketch and wanted each of us to make a card and see how differently they would turn out.  They sure DID come out differently....and we had so much fun doing it without the other one seeing what we were up to.  The sketch we used is this one:


Unfortunately, I don't know where it's from but I saw it on Pinterest.  The stamp set we used was: Thanks a Bunch from Clearly Besotted.   Stephanie's stamps are wonderful but I haven't gotten enough time to play with the ones I have yet, so I really wanted to use this set.  Here's how my card turned out:


Now take a look at Cristina's card and see our different styles!  It was hard for me to follow this sketch, and as you can see I didn't include the vertical element, but Cristina assured me sketches are open for interpretation.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by!  -g

13 comments:

  1. What a FUN challenge! I like your bright and bold colors yet softness with the embossing and the images. Sh-h don't tell here but yours is more my style. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I love that you two did this little challenge. My Mom makes cards too, it is so wonderful to do it together. I love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beans! A mother/daughter challenge! And both of your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristina is your daughter? (I LOVE her blog, she's amazing!) and I can see now where she gets her good looks from :). I think it's wonderful you both share the same hobby and so happy you chose CB stamps for this fun challenge - thank you.

    Your card is stunning and I really appreciate your lovely words about the stamps, you are very kind Ginny :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love to see different takes on the same sketch, you are both so creative :-)

    Wendy-

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on the sketch, I love those warming colours and all the texture on this pretty card - certainly packs a punch! I loved Cristina's take too - you both rocked the CBS stamps!
    Have a fun week! :)
    Hugs!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gin - looks like you embossed the circles as well? What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure you are having lots of fun spoiling Cristina's little ones. I love all the texture on this card. The embossing is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is this! To have a daughter that stamps [and brilliantly no less] and challenges you. Total fun - and I love the differences between your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great take of the sketch. What fun with crafting with Cristina, and have fun with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the way you interpreted the sketch. And I love all that white with the pops of those bold colors. SO fun that you and Cristina (love her!) could spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome that you and your daughter stamp together Ginny! I see the apple didn't fall too far from the tree when it comes to talent:). Love how you interpreted the sketch and the colors you chose really pop against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely, Ginny. Great mix of colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete