Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Embellish Patterned Paper Challenge
These colors were tough! But here's what I came up with in the end.
Yikes! My "kraft" color looks too dark, and it looks greenish. Wow - better check my lighting!! Anyhow, I first cut little 1" squares of the blue and brown using a punch. Then I cut them on the diagonal and joined them together to form the shape above. I added a "border" of brown by cutting little 1/4" strips. The quilt block is set on pop dots. The sentiment is part of a longer sentiment from a PTI set. The ink I used was Versafine Vintage Sepia. To finish everything off, I used a white gel pen for the quilting "stitches". Thanks for taking a peek. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very nice, I really like it.
ReplyDeleteAwesome work with these colors! The white gel pen "stitches" totally make this card. Such a cute little quilt block!
ReplyDeleteThis layout rocks! Love your card! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.
ReplyDelete